Sometimes we forget how essential Vitamin D is for our over all health. Vitamin D has many benefits, such as helping with heart disease, stroke, cancer, depression, colds, and osteoporosis. As adults, starting at age 9 and up, we need around 4,000 IU’s a day. Here are some ways to get your daily dose of Vitamin D.
- Ultraviolet lamps – such as tanning beds
- Sunlight – 10-20 minutes a day
- Egg yolks – one yolk is about 40 IU’s
- Fatty fish – trout, salmon and tuna are some
- Fortified Orange juice – make sure its fortified
- Milk – 8oz glass is 100 IU’s
- Supplements – to much Vitamin D can also be harmful
- Beef Liver – besides Vitamin D, you are also getting Vitamin A, iron and protein
- Fortified Cereal – great meal , when you are also adding milk, and orange juice. A lot of IU’s in this meal
- Cod Liver Oil – 1 tablespoon has 1,300 IU’s
We hope to see you soon, on your way to a healthier life style. Stop by an get some Vitamin D from one of our great tanning beds.